How was Feudalism organized in the Middle Ages?
- The king was at the head of the feudal regime.
- Next to him were the great nobles, known as dukes, counts, earls.
- The relationship was one of a vassal.
- The nobles in turn had vassals of their own, dividing and distributing their fief to lesser nobles called viscounts or barons.
- Last in this order were the knights, whose fiefs could not be divided.
- At the bottom were the villeins or serfs.
Concept: Introduction of The Middle Ages
Is there an error in this question or solution?