Study the given information and answer the given question.
- Point A is 11m North of point B.
- Point C is 11m East of point B.
- Point D is 6m North of point C.
- Point E is 7m West of point D.
- Point F is 8m North of point E.
- Point G is 4m West of point F.
How far is point F from point A?
According to the question,
AG = BG - AB = (CD + EF) - (AB)
= (6 + 8) - 11 = 3m and GF = 4m
∴ AF = `sqrt(AG^2+GF^2)=sqrt(9+16)=5`m
Concept: Direction Sense Test
Is there an error in this question or solution?