Answer in Brief
How did it find its footing in India?
Sufism in India:
- The advent of Suf is to India dates back to the Arab conquest of Sind.
- It gained prominence in the 10th and 11th centuries during the reign of the Delhi Sultans.
- Sufism adopted many native Indian concepts such as yogic postures, music and dance.
- Sufism found adherents among both Muslims and Hindus.
- Sufis in medieval India were divided into three major orders.
- They were Chisti,suhrawardi and Firdausi.
- Moinuddin Chishti made Chisti order popular in India.
- His resting place is in the Ajmer Sharif Dargah in Ajmer, Rajasthan.
Concept: Sufism in India
Is there an error in this question or solution?