Give two important uses of baking soda.
Two important uses of baking soda are:
- It is used as baking powder. Baking powder is a mixture of baking soda and a mild acid known as tartaric acid. When it is heated or mixed in water, it releases CO2 that makes bread or cake fluffy.
- It is used in soda-acid fire extinguishers.
- It can be used to test the garden soil for acidity. If bubbles are developed then the soil Is too acidic
- If used on washing car then it will remove dead bug bodies without damaging the color or the paint on the car.
Concept: Chemicals from Common Salt (Uses of Salt) - Preparation and Uses of Baking Soda
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Chemicals from Common Salt (Uses of Salt) - Preparation and Uses of Baking Soda