Give the symptoms of typhoid fever and draw a labelled diagram of its causal organism.
- Characteristic symptom is slowly progressing fever as high as 40°C or 104° F, profuse sweating and gastroenteritis.
- Headache, general weakness is common among the patients.
- Abdominal pain with either constipation or diarrhoea.
- Leukopenia, eosinopenia and relative lymphocytosis is observed.
- Bradycardia (slow heart rate) in 1st week of infection.
- In some cases, in the 2nd week, a rash of flat, rose coloured spots called “rose spots” appear on the front of the chest.
- Ulceration of intestine, lesion of intestinal mucosa and haemorrhage, delusion and confusion are also possible in 3rd week.
Concept: Introduction of Human Health and Diseases
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Introduction of Human Health and Diseases