Give scientific reason
Body temperature of reptiles is not constant.
- Reptiles are poikilotherms, i.e. cold-blooded animals.
- Unlike homeothermic animals like mammals and birds, they are unable to regulate their body temperature internally.
- Their body temperature depends directly on the external surroundings.
- They can control their body temperature only by moving to an environment with a suitable ambient temperature.
Thus, the body temperature of reptiles is not stable.
Concept: Kingdom Animalia - Chordata: Vertebrata
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video TutorialsVIEW ALL 
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Kingdom Animalia - Chordata: Vertebrata