Give reasons for the following statement:
Mahatma Gandhi had withdrawn the Non-Cooperation Movement.
- The Britishers tried to suppress the boycott of the people, throughout the non-cooperation movement.
- They opened fire at a peaceful procession carried out at Gorakhpur district in Uttar Pradesh.
- Therefore the charged (angry) people set the police station ablaze (fire).
- One officer and twenty-two policemen were killed in this incident.
- On hearing this Gandhiji withdrew the movement in 1922.
Concept: Major National and Regional Parties in India/ Types of Political Parties
Is there an error in this question or solution?