Give reasons for the following
(i) There is a dense network of railways over the North Indian Plains.
(ii) Peninsular Plateau has a high proportion of metalled roads.
(iii) A good transport network promotes industrial development.
North Indian Plains have a dense network of railways because :
1. The northern plain area is a densely populated region with highly developed agriculture and industry.
2. Large scale urbanization and industrialization have created a great demand for rail transport.
3. It is a flat plain which is suitable for the construction of Railways.
Peninsular Plateau has a high proportion of metalled roads due to :
- The high concentration of Industries.
- Building materials are locally available.
Cheap and efficient transport is essential for the growth of industries as transport is a vital link between production and consumption, and also between production distribution. Transport facilities are required for carrying raw material and labor force to the manufacturing sites and carrying manufactured goods to the market. Thus, a good transport network promotes industrial development.