Write a detailed answer with the help of the following point.
Give information about the ‘Right to Information Act’.
Background of the act and the beginning of this movement in India.
Write the information under the Right to Information Act.
How this movement started in India.
- This kind of Act was first implemented in Sweden in 1776. In 1946, United Nations declared the Right to Information' to be the fundamental human right.
- In 1982, L.K. Kulwal, a resident of Jaipur in Rajasthan, a social activist initiated the process by applying to know the Jaipur Municipal Corporation work for cleaning the city.
- The high Court gave a clear verdict stating that Right to Information' is a fundamental right of all citizens.
- In 1990, Aruna Roy started the movement called as 'Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan'. A need for 'Right to Information' was started through this movement.
- Harsh Mander, the Divisional Commissioner of Bilaspur showed courage to disclose official information while serving as a bureaucrat.
- The struggle of Anna Hazare in 2001, had a decisive role in Maharashtra in this matter. The Act was implemented in Maharashtra since 12th October 2005