Answer in Brief
Give geographical reasons.
Like India, there is a need for conservation of forests in Brazil too.
- A wide variety of wildlife is found in Brazil because it has high diversity, especially in the Amazon rainforests.
- Evergreen forests are found in this region around the Amazon basin as it rains throughout the year.
- Because of the deposition of sediments brought up by the river amazon and as the amazon canal is 150km in width, it forms ideal conditions in terms of soil and water for the growth of dense forests.
- Apart from the numerous species found in the tropical rainforests of the north, they are also found in the swamps, grasslands, deciduous forests, etc.
- Forests in Brazil also need conservation like India because they are under the threat of commercial activities like deforestation and pollution.
- Traditional agricultural practice like slash and burn is also a cause of destruction.
- In India, the government is taking various initiatives to protect the wildlife of India by bringing in laws against poaching and creating awareness on animal protection like the ‘Project Tiger’, etc.
Concept: Brazil Wildlife
Is there an error in this question or solution?