Give a geographical reason:
Growth of urban areas is linked to land use.
- Land use in urban areas is different from land use in rural areas.
- In rural areas, the land use is closely related to agricultural activities like the cultivation of different crops, plantation of trees, permanent pastures, grazing land, cultivation of tree crops, fallow land, etc.
- On the other hand, land use in urban areas is varied and closely related to housing and economic activities.
- As the population of the urban area increases, more and more non-agricultural activities develop in urban areas.
- Growth of urban areas depends upon area under construction, industries, different types of institutions such as school, college, insurance companies, bank, etc.
- Recreational activities, transportation are the other urban land uses.
- Thus, the growth of urban areas is linked with land use.