Give the floral adaptations of entomophily
Floral adaptations for entomophily:
- Flowers are large and attractive. When small, they are clustered into an inflorescence
- Flowers have attractive bright colors, with pleasant fragrance and nectar gland.
- In some plants, additional modifications are made to attract insects. e.g. Corona in
passion flower and petalloid bracts in Bougainvillea.
- Pollen grains possess spiny or rough outer wall.
- Stigma has rough and sticky surface.
- To favour insect pollination, some plants develop special mechanism e.g. lever mechanism in Salvia. e.g. Jasmine, Rose, Salvia, Bougainvillea.
Is there an error in this question or solution?