Answer in Brief
Give elaborate answer to the following.
What kind of training is required to study written sources?
Literature which helps us to understand the history of the various historical periods is known as the written sources of history. One should have knowledge of the following things-
- Knowledge of scripts like Brahmi, Modi, Persian, and their development.
- Basic knowledge of social organization and traditions, literature and culture, dynasties, administrative systems, etc. of past societies.
- Knowledge of various schools and styles of painting, sculptural art, and the history of their development.
- Knowledge of types of paper, ink and colours.
- Knowledge of properties of various stones and metals used for inscriptions.
- Knowledge of various approaches to managing exhibitions in museums, galleries and information technology.
- Knowledge of equipment and chemicals used in various processes of cleaning, conservation and preservation.
- Writing research reports and articles.
Concept: Sources of History, Their Conservation and Preservation
Is there an error in this question or solution?