Give any three suitable arguments to support India's candidature for the permanent membership of the U.N. Security Council.
The following criteria have been proposed:-
- India is the second most populous country in the world comprising almost one-fifth of the world’s population.
- It is the largest democracy in the world and has been a part of almost all the initiatives by the UN.
- It has played an important role in helping UN with its peacekeeping efforts.
- It has been a regular financial contributor to the UN and never faltered on its payments.
- Its economic emergence on the world stage due to its policies of liberalisation and globalisation has enhanced its stake for membership.
Concept: Traditional Concerns of Security and Politics of Disarmament
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Traditional Concerns of Security and Politics of Disarmament