Give any three differences between Eastern Coastal lowland and Western Coastal lowland.
Western Coastal Lowland
- Placed between the Western Ghats and the Arabian sea.
- Narrow lowland 64 averaging km.
- Many small and quick streams run off the plain and cannot form deltas.
- Presence of the considerable number of lagoons at the end part of this plain.
- The plain passes through many coasts resulting in the information on many ports.
Eastern Coastal Lowland
- Placed between the Eastern Ghats and Bay of Bengal.
- Comparatively broader lowland averaging 80-100 km.
- Big rivers like Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna, and Cauvery run off this plain and form deltas.
- In comparison the few numbers of lagoons are present.
- It does not pass through coasts and hence not many ports are found.
Concept: Locational Setting - India
Is there an error in this question or solution?