Give a short answer for the following question.
Describe the importance of irrigation for agriculture.
- The monsoon in India is seasonal. It is highly variable and its distribution is quite uneven.
- A regular supply of water is essential for the growth of crops.
- Supplying water to the crops artificially is called irrigation.
- The groundwater is obtained for irrigational purposes by digging wells, bore wells, ponds, etc.
- This water is supplied to the farms with the help of channels or by using electric pumps.
- With various techniques of irrigation facilities, crops are grown on a large scale.
Is there an error in this question or solution?