Give a geographical reason:
Rural-urban fringes have the characteristics of both urban and rural settlements.
- The area between urban and rural areas is called the rural-urban fringe.
- It has the characteristics of both urban as well as rural areas since it is a transition zone between the two.
- Thus, in the rural-urban fringe, there is a mixture of urban-rural land use.
- In some rural areas apart from the land use for agriculture, some agricultural land has been converted into residential and industrial uses.
- The villages in the rural fringe are partly affected by urbanization.
- Thus, the rural-urban fringe has the characteristics of both urban and rural settlements.