Give a detailed account of all thoughts and questions in the narrator's mind while accompanying Aditya from the tea shop to Sanyal’s house?
The “Attic” is a story that depicts a child’s psychology. The narrator wanted to rectifý the mistake that he had done in childhood. Let us see them in detail.
- Narrator’s visit:
The narrator and his friend Aditya had visited Aditya’s village after 29 years. They went to Nagen uncle’s tea shop. They saw green fields on either side of the road. They met Nagen uncle. They had tea and biscuits in Nagen uncle’s shop.
- Visiting Sanyal:
They met Sasanka Sanyal there. Sanyal suddenly stood up and began to recite the poem “Panraksha” by Tagore. The narrator noticed a sudden change in Aditya’s face. Aditya wanted to see his ancestral house. After reaching, he went to the attic and searched for a medal. The narrator was
confused. They went to the jeweller to find out the weight. Not knowing the narrator asked Aditya to which he didn’t answer.
They went to Kabiraj’s house where Sanyal stayed. Aditya confessed to Sanyal for his act of stealing his medal. Then only the narrator knows all answers to the questions in his mind.
Title: The Attic
Author: Satyajit Ray
Character: Aditya, his friend, Nagens Uncle, and Sasanka Sanyal
Theme: Every moment is a memory waiting to happen.
The narrator and Aditya visited Nagen’s tea shop. Aditya was surprised to see the strange behaviour of Sanyal. But Sanyal noticed the change in Aditya’s expression. Aditya did not give any reason for it. He collected the details about Sanyal from Nagen’s uncle. He went to his ancestral house.
The narrator thought that Aditya wanted to see his house. He went there and found a medal in the attic. He took it to the jeweller to find out the weight. The narrator asked what it was. He told him that he would know about it soon. Then they went to Jogesh Kabiraj’s house. There they saw Mr. Sanyal. Now the narrator cleared all his doubts through Aditya’s actions.
- The narrator and Aditya visited Nagen’s tea shop
- Aditya was surprised to see Sanyal’s strange behaviour
- Mr. Sanyal also noticed the change in Adítya’s expression.
- Aditya gave no reason for it.
- He got the detail about Sanyal from Nagen’s uncle.
- He went to his ancestral house.
- He found a medal there ¡n the attic.
- He did not tell the narrator anything about it.
- He went to the jeweller to find out its weight.
- Then he went to Jogesh Kabirajt's house.
- There they saw Mr.Sanyal.
- Now the narrator understood everything about Aditya’s actions.