Give a comparative account of any two methods of irrigation.
Well, irrigation, cannel irrigation, tank irrigation, etc. are some of the methods of irrigation.
- In this type of irrigation, the groundwater is obtained by digging wells, bore wells, etc.
- Comparatively less area is required for digging wells.
- Wells are owned by people. Therefore, water in the wells can be used easily and flexibly.
- Well irrigation is comparatively less costly.
- The dams are constructed on the rivers. The stored water in the dams is supplied to the surrounding regions with the help of the cannels. This is known as cannel irrigation.
- Comparatively, a vast area is required for constructing dams.
- Dams are owned by the government. Therefore, water in the dams may not be used easily and flexibly.
- Cannels irrigation is comparatively more costly.
Is there an error in this question or solution?