1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Why is pedigree analysis done in the study of human genetics? State the conclusions that can be drawn from it.
Appears in these question papers
A child suffering from Thalassemia is born to a normal couple. But the mother is being blamed by the family for delivering a sick baby.
(a) What is Thalassemia?
(b) How would you counsel the family not to blame the mother for delivering a child suffering from this disease? Explain.
(c) List the values your counselling can propagate in the families.
Give an example of an autosomal recessive trait in humans. Explain its pattern of inheritance with the help of a cross.
Given below is the representation of amino acid composition not the relevant translated portion of β-chain of haemoglobin, related to the shape of human red blood cells
(a) Is this representation indicating a normal human or a sufferer from certain related genetic disease? Give reason in support of your answer.
(b) What difference would be noticed in the phenotype of the normal and the sufferer related to this gene?
(c) Who are likely to suffer more from the defect related to the gene represented the males, the females or both males and females equally? And why?
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- NEET 10 Practice Sets
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- Online Test Series NEET - (UG) Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack (4th Edition) for Medical Entrance Exams
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 1