1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Give an example of an autosomal recessive trait in humans. Explain its pattern of inheritance with the help of a cross.
Appears in these question papers
A colour-blind child is born to a normal couple. Work out a cross to show how it is possible. Mention the sex of this child.
(a) Why are colour-blindness and thalassaemia categorised as Mendelian disorders? Write the symptoms of these diseases seen in people suffering from them.
(b) About 8% of human male population suffers from colour-blindness, whereas only about 0.4% of human female population suffers from this disease. Write an explanation to show how it is possible.
A child suffering from Thalassemia is born to a normal couple. But the mother is being blamed by the family for delivering a sick baby.
(a) What is Thalassemia?
(b) How would you counsel the family not to blame the mother for delivering a child suffering from this disease? Explain.
(c) List the values your counselling can propagate in the families.
Why is pedigree analysis done in the study of human genetics? State the conclusions that can be drawn from it.
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- NEET 10 Practice Sets
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- Online Test Series NEET - (UG) Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- NEET/ AIPMT/ AIIMS Success Pack (4th Edition) for Medical Entrance Exams
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 1