Your class will be divided into two groups. One member of each group is contesting an election representing his/her party. The two parties are United Students’ Front and United Youth Power. The group writes the election manifesto stating changes that will be brought about in schools and colleges if their candidate is selected.
Begin like this:
If I am elected, the following changes will be implemented with immediate effect.
The candidates will read out their manifesto to the whole class.
Mainly a group activity at class level. The following manifesto can be an answer of one group.
Participation in any of the sports activities will be made compulsory :
- School/College time shall be divided equally between academic and sports activities.
- Heavy school bags full of books will be reduced to a possible level.
- More Practical Activities both in academic and sports shall be introduced.
- One hour of the school/college time shall be given to Entertainment Activities.
- Special coaches will be appointed to train, guide and instruct the students in maintaining proper health.
- A sense of fear, tension, anxiety etc, will be eliminated from the student’s minds.