Solution for Give Examples to Show that Friction is Both a Friend and a Foe. - CBSE Class 8 - Science
why create a profile on shaalaa.com?
1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Give examples to show that friction is both a friend and a foe.
Advantages of friction:
(1) We are able to walk because of friction.
(2) Friction between the tip of the pen and a paper allows us to write.
Disadvantages of friction:
(1) Tyres and soles of shoes wear out because of friction.
(2) Friction between the different parts of machines produces heat. This can damage the machines.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution for question: Give Examples to Show that Friction is Both a Friend and a Foe. concept: Force of Friction. For the course CBSE