Explain various effects of weeds on crop plants.
Weeds affect the growth of crop plants in the following ways:
- They compete with the crop plant for nutrients, water, space, and light, depriving the crop plants of essential nutrients.
- They spread crop pests by acting as hosts to insects and other microorganisms.
- Some produce toxic substances that harm the growth of crop plants.
- Some weeds get mixed up with crops during harvesting and lead to poor quality of crop production.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Crop Production Management - Cropping Patterns