Answer in Brief
Explain the natural national symbols.
- Banyan tree (1950). It is a symbol of pride and has many medicinal values.
- Peacock (1963). It is native to Asia and the only bird which has a tail.
- River Ganges (2008) is a perennial river and many royal capitals flourished on its banks.
- River Dolphin (2010). It is a reliable indicator of the health of the entire river ecosystem. It is on the endangered list.
- King Cobra – It is the World’s longest venomous snake and lives in the rain forests and plains of India.
- Lotus (1950) Though it grows in muddy water, it blooms with beauty.
- Tiger (1973) It is the largest cat species. India has 70% of the tiger population in the world.
- Elephant (2010) It is native to mainland Asia and plays a critical role in maintaining the region’s forests.
Concept: Other Symbols of Our Country
Is there an error in this question or solution?