Explain the meaning of democracy
Democracy is the form of government with the following features:
The features of democracy are:
1. All the major decisions are taken by the candidates elected by people. For instance, in India, all the decisions of the country are taken by the government.
2. Elections provide a fair opportunity to the people to change the present government. This suggests the importance of the dissolution of government, which takes place when citizens of a nation are not satisfied with its working.
3. The opportunity of dissolving the government is equal for all. This suggests that every citizen has some rights which are equal for all.
4. Regular elections and the option of dissolution make the powers of government limited in nature.
5. Freedom of Speech and expression.