Explain the following statement with reasons.
Ashoka’s victory at Kalinga proved to be a turning point in history as well as the life of Ashoka.
- There was a great loss of human life in this (Kalinga)war. Ashoka became victorious.
- The destruction caused due to the Kalinga war brought about a great change in the mind of Ashoka.
- His mind got diverted towards the non-violent, peaceful Buddhist religion.
- The desire of Digvijaya was replaced by Dharma Vijaya (Dhamma Vijaya).
- His career proved to be an important because of the religious ideals propagated by him and the creation of a mechanism to until it in people's life.
Concept: Emperor Ashoka
Is there an error in this question or solution?