Answer in Brief
Explain the following statement with reason.
SAARC has achieved success in some fields.
- SAARC has achieved success in some fields for e.g. a centre for dissemination of agro related information was started in Bangladesh and it has also been used as a platform for research related to seeds, animal husbandry and fisheries.
- A SAARC centre for meteorological research was established in Dhaka.
- In Kathmandu an orthopaedic centre was established.
- Efforts are being made to promote tourism in SAARC countries.
- SAARC is also working to eliminate poverty in South Asia with the help of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP).
- An inter-Governmental group was established to formulate an agreement (SAFTA. South Asia Free Trade Area) for promoting free trade and economic cooperation among SAARC
- The SAARC Documentation Centre was established at Delhi for the dissemination of information.
- SAARC Human Resources Development Centre was established at Islamabad (Pakistan).
- Agreements were signed to counter the smuggling of narcotic drugs. Committees were appointed for development in the fields of postal services and transportation.
Is there an error in this question or solution?