Answer in Brief
Explain the following concept.
- Regionalism arises when the feeling of affinity develops for a language and region which gradually turns into an identity consciousness.
- Here, people mainly think about the interest and development of their own region and believe that they should have claim over resources and employment opportunities of their region.
- Due to this, they feel proud about their language, literature, traditions, history of social reforms, educational and cultural movements. This leads to the development of a ‘linguistic identity'.
- When such linguistic, regional, cultural and other identities get connected, a strong feeling emerges; which is called ‘regional consciousness’.
- This sometimes gives rise to independent political parties or pressure groups or movements.
Concept: National Parties - Nationalist Congress Party
Is there an error in this question or solution?