Explain in short Star Topology
Explain Star Topologies with simple diagrams
Explain STAR topology with diagram. also give two advantages and disadvantages.
(1) In a STAR topology, all the workstations are connected to a central hub.
(2) The hub receives a signal from a workstation and routes it to the proper destination.
(3) STAR physical topology is often implemented to implement BUS or RING logical topology.
(4) A STAR topology is shown in the following figure:
(1) Adding a new workstation is easier than that in BUS or RING topology.
(2) The control is centralised due to use of a hub
(1) Hub failure affects all users.
(2) Hubs are slightly expensive.
(3) STAR topology requires more cabling than BUS or RING topology. Hence, it costs more.