Explain the process of development in human beings.
- Fertilisation results in the formation of zygote.
- The zygote divides and redivides to form a ball of cells called blastocyst.
- The blastocyst gets implanted on the wall of the uterus and forms the embryo.
- The embryo obtains all the nourishment and oxygen from the mother’s blood.
- A structure called placenta present in the uterus supplies all the necessary nutrients to the embryo through the umbilical cord.
- The development of the foetus takes place for nine months
Concept: Human Reproductive System
Is there an error in this question or solution?