Explain the importance of fossils in deciding evolutionary relationships.
Fossil provide us evidence about
- The organisms that lived long ago such as the time period during which they lived, their structure etc.
- Evolutionary development of species i.e., line of their development.
- Connecting links between two groups. For example, feathers present in some dinosaurs means that birds are very closely related to reptiles.
- Which organisms evolved earlier and which later.
- Development of complex body designs from the simple body designs.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video TutorialsVIEW ALL 
Video Tutorials For All Subjects