Explain, how efficiency of irrigation can be increased.
Efficiency of irrigation can be increased by adopting the following measures:
1. Adopting modern methods of irrigation such as drip or sprinkler systems.
2. Time of irrigation is important. Some crops require water before ploughing, at the time of flowering, and at the time of development of the grain.
3. Amount of water supplied should be appropriate. Some crop plants require more water, while others need less.
4. Type of soil also determines the efficiency of irrigation. Crops grown in sandy soil needs irrigation more frequently, whereas the crops grown in clayey soil needs less irrigation.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Crop Production Management - Irrigation