Explain the following with its reason.
Writing of the regional history received a momentum.
- The writings of Indian historians who were trained in the British educational system show an inclination to restore the pride in the ancient glory of India and the self- esteem of the Indian readers.
- The nationalistic historiography helped in the triggering of the independence movement of the Indian people against the British.
- In this aspect, the book, ‘The Indian War of Independence, 1857’, written by Vinayak Damodar Savarkar is of great importance.
- Also, Vishnushastri Chiplunkar, who criticised the prejudiced history of ancient India written by British Officers, inspired the nationalistic writings in Maharashtra.
- Thus, nationalistic historiography provided momentum to the writing of regional histories, which drew the attention of historians to the geographic conditions and history of south Indian regions.
Concept: Indian Historiography : Various Ideological Frameworks - Nationalistic Historiography
Is there an error in this question or solution?