Explain the circumstances that forced the Tibetans to leave China. Highlight India's role in helping the Tibetan refugees.
Circumstances which forced the Tibetans to leave China:-
- China’s claim over Tibet in 1950
- Suppression of Tibet’s people and culture
India’s role in helping Tibetan refugees:-
- In the 1950s and 1960s, many political leaders supported Tibet’s struggle for freedom.
- Large settlements were set up at Delhi and Dharamshala for Tibetan refugees.
Concept: Legacy of Partition - Challenge of 'Refugee' Resettlement, the Kashmir Problem
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Legacy of Partition - Challenge of 'Refugee' Resettlement, the Kashmir Problem