Answer in Brief
Explain about the Period of Merchant Capital.
- The period of merchant capital was from 1757 to 1813.
- The only aim of the East India company was to earn profit by establishing monopoly trade.
- During this period, India had been considered as the best hunting ground for capital
- The objective of monopoly trade was fulfilled by achieving political control.
- The company administration succeeded in generating huge surpluses which were repatriated to England.
Concept: Indian Economy During the British Period
Is there an error in this question or solution?