Select two pairs from the following which exhibit divergent evolution. Give reasons for your answer.
(i) Forelimbs of cheetah and mammals
(ii) Flippers of dolphins and penguins
(iii) Wings of butterflies and birds
(iv) Forelimbs of whales and mammals
APPEARS IN THESE QUESTION PAPERS
Try to trace the various components of human evolution (hint: brain size and function, skeletal structure, dietary preference, etc.)
(a) Select the homologous structures from the combinations given below:
(i) Forelimbs of whales and bats
(ii) Tuber of potato and sweet potato
(iii) Eyes of octopus and mammals
(iv) Thorns of Bougainvillea and tendrils of Cucurbita
(b) State the kind of evolution they represent.
Write the similarity between the wing of a butterfly and the wing of a bat. What do you infer from the above with reference to evolution?
With the help of any two suitable examples explain the effect of anthropogenic actions on organic evolution.
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 2
- 11 Years' Solved Papers 2006-2016 CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- 10 Practice Sets NEET
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- 29 Years NEET/AIPMT Topic wise Solved Papers Biology 1988 - 2016 (Hindi)
- Target NEET/AIPMT (2012-16 Solved Papers + 10 Mock Papers)
- Exploring Biology for NEET - Vol. 1