Give any two ways in which non-biodegradable substances would affect the environment.
Non-biodegradable substances affect the environment by:
- They contaminate soil and water resources as they cannot be decomposed by micro-organisms.
- These substances, when accidentally eaten by stray animals, can harm them and can even cause their death.
- Chemicals like BHC and DDT induce carcinoma (muscle cancer) and growth of tumours.
- Handling of waste materials may cause skin, respiratory and intestinal infections.
- Non-biodegradable substances do not decompose easily so it produces land and water pollution.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Give Any Two Ways in Which Non-biodegradable Substances Would Affect the Environment. Concept: Environment - Our Waste to the Environment.