Identify the part of the electromagnetic spectrum which is:
produced by bombarding a metal target by high speed electrons.
If the earth did not have atmosphere, would its average surface temperature be higher or lower than what it is now? Explain.
Name the parts of the electromagnetic spectrum which is
used as a diagnostic tool in medicine.
Write in brief, how these waves can be produced.
Given below are some famous numbers associated with electromagnetic radiations in different contexts in physics. State the part of the electromagnetic spectrum to which each belongs.
(a) 21 cm (wavelength emitted by atomic hydrogen in interstellar space).
(b) 1057 MHz (frequency of radiation arising from two close energy levels in hydrogen; known as Lamb shift).
(c) 2.7 K [temperature associated with the isotropic radiation filling all space-thought to be a relic of the ‘big-bang’ origin of the universe].
(d) 5890 Å - 5896 Å [double lines of sodium]
(e) 14.4 keV [energy of a particular transition in 57Fe nucleus associated with a famous high resolution spectroscopic method
- Electromagnetic Waves part 12 (Infra waves Application)
undefined video tutorial00:10:27
- Electromagnetic Waves part 13 (Other waves Application)
undefined video tutorial00:12:20
- Electromagnetic Waves part 9 (Radio waves Application)
undefined video tutorial00:04:45
- Electromagnetic Waves part 11 (Micro waves Application- 2)
undefined video tutorial00:08:21
- Electromagnetic Waves part 10 (Micro waves Application- 1)
undefined video tutorial00:09:43
- Electromagnetic Waves part 8 (Electromagnetic Spectrum and Energy)
undefined video tutorial00:14:33
- Electromagnetic Waves Part 4
undefined video tutorial00:54:58
- 29 Years NEET-AIPMT Chapterwise Solutions - Physics
- NEET/ AIPMT Physics - 4th Edition (Must for AIIMS & other Medical Entrance Exams)
- Marvel Physics - Multiple choice questions Vol - 1, For NEET (UG) / JEE (MAIN) Exams
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- 29 Years NEET/AIPMT Topic wise Solved Papers PCB (1988 - 2016) Hindi
- Crack NEET/AIPMT Physics/Chemistry/Biology - Set of 3 Books (Must for AIIMS & Other Medical Entrance Exams)
- Topic wise Solved papers for Medical Entrance 2nd Edition (Kerala PMT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ JIPMER)