Write any two uses of H2SO4
Uses of sulphuric acid:
1. Sulphuric acid is used in the manufacture of fertilizers. eg. Ammonium sulfate, superphosphate.
2. It is used in petroleum refining.
3. It is used in manufacture of pigments, paints and dyestuff intermediates.
4. It is used in detergent industry.
5. It is used in storage batteries.
6. It is used in the manufacture of explosives. eg. T.N.T., nitroglycerine, green cotton, etc.
7. It is a laboratory reagent.
8. Sulphuric acid is used in the preparation of important chemicals like HNO3, HCl, H3PO4, Na2CO3, sulphates, alums, ether, etc.
9.It is a dehydrating agent and used for drying wet gases which do not react with acid.
10. It is used as an oxidizing agent.
11.Sulphuric acid is also used as a pickling agent. Pickling is an industrial process for removing layers of basic oxides from metals like Fe and Cu before electroplating, enameling, galvanizing and soldering.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Electrolytic Cells and Electrolysis - Introduction