Draw a line l. Take a point A outside the line. Through point A draw a line parallel to line l.
Steps of construction :
(1) Draw a line l. Take a point A outside the line l.
(2) Draw a segment AM ⊥ line l.
(3) Take another point N on line l.
(4) Draw a segment NB ⊥ line l, such that l(NB) = l(MA).
(5) Draw a line m passing through the points A and B.
Hence, the line m is the required line that passes through point A and parallel to line l.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- To Draw a Line Parallel to the Given Line Through a Point Outside the Given Line Using Set-square.