Draw the graphs for the following tables of values, with suitable scales on the axes.
Interest on deposits for a year:
|Deposit (in Rs)||1000||2000||3000||4000||5000|
|Simple interest (in Rs)||80||160||240||320||400|
1) Does the graph pass through the origin?
2) Use the graph to find the interest on Rs 2500 for a year:
3) To get an interest of Rs 280 per year, how much money should be deposited?
Taking a suitable scale,
For x-axis, 1 unit = Rs 1000 and for y-axis, 1 unit = Rs 80
We can represent the deposit on x-axis and the interest earned on that deposit on y-axis. A graph of the given data is obtained as follows.
From the graph, the following points can be observed.
1) Yes. The graph passes through the origin.
2) The interest earned in a year on a deposit of Rs 2500 is Rs 200.
3) To get an interest of Rs 280 per year, Rs 3500 should be deposited.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Some Application of Linear Graphs