Draw a line segment PQ = 4.8 cm. Construct the perpendicular bisector of PQ.
Steps of Construction :
- Draw a line segment PQ = 4.8 cm.
- With P as centre and radius equal than half of PQ, draw an arc on both the PQ.
- With Q as the centre and the same radius as taken in step 2, draw arcs on both sides of PQ.
- Let the arcs intersect each other at point A and B
- Join A and B.
- The line AB cuts the line segment PQ at the point O. Here OP = OQ and ∠AOQ = 90°. Then the line AB is a perpendicular bisector of PQ.
Concept: Drawing the Perpendicular Bisector of a Line Segment
Is there an error in this question or solution?