Answer in Brief
Draw a line graph from this table. Examine the graph carefully and answer the following questions.
Brazil percentage of urban population (1960 - 2010)
- What is the interval of the data?
- In which period did urbanisation occur rapidly?
- Write five sentences analysing the graph.
- The data depicts the urban population of Brazil between 1960 and 2010. The interval represents the time span between the data is collected. Thus the interval of data is 10 years.
- Urbanisation refers to the movement of people and human settlements from the rural areas to the urban areas. Employment opportunities, higher standard of living, better facilities and infrastructure force people to migrate from rural areas to urban areas. Rapid urbanisation occurred between 1960 and 1970. It was around 9.7% increase.
- Urbanisation refers to the movement of people and human settlements from the rural areas to the urban areas. Rapid urbanisation is taking place in India because of the rapid increase in its population. Because of the increase in its population, people require more land and other resources. Thus villages have given way to the formation of cities and have contributed to the migration of people from rural res to urban areas. Other factors like employment opportunities, a higher standard of living, better facilities and infrastructure also force people to migrate from rural areas to urban areas. Between these years, Brazil is experiencing increasing urbanisation. In 2010, Brazil had 84.6% of people living in urban areas.
Concept: Urbanisation in Brazil
Is there an error in this question or solution?