Distinguish between Colonialism and Imperialism.
- Colonialism is a process of domination, involving the subjugation of one people by another.
- The term colony comes from the Latin word colonus, meaning farmer.
- This root indicates that the practice of colonialism usually involved the transfer of population to a new territory
- Imperialism comes from the Latin term imperium meaning to command.
- It draws attention to the way one country exercises power over another.
- It may be through settlement, sovereignty, or indirect mechanisms of control.
Concept: Introduction of Colonialism in Asia and Africa
Is there an error in this question or solution?