Answer in Brief
Discuss the patterns of migration.
- The pattern of migration is very complex, comprising of a number of streams.
- Rural to rural; rural to urban; urban to rural; urban to urban.
- Short, medium, and long-distance migration streams.
- Long-term stable migration and short-term circulatory type of movements.
- Each of these streams would consist of different types of migrants (from different social classes), each with its own reason for migration.
- The extent and nature of these migrant streams would essentially depend on.
- Pressures and aspirations experienced by people at the origin of migration.
- Constraints imposed on mobility at the origin of migration.
- Opportunities at the destination and
- The cost of migration.
Concept: Factors Underlying Migration
Is there an error in this question or solution?