Discuss in groups of four, the following questions :
- What was wrong with Fox’s school initially ?
- What were the reasons for improvement in the results ?
- Do you think the schools in the present day resemble Fox’s school ? If yes / no say how ?
- Can the Bat’s advice be extended to present day schools ? If yes, how ? If no, why
• The wrong with Fox's school initially was that he introduced many things in his curriculum. These
were not liked at all by the students. Also they didn't have an inherent interest for them.
• The reasons for improvement in the results were that despite teachers' doing their best the students failed and failed. The teachers were very unhappy with the results. They tried all methods and conducted classes regularly. But no improvement was there.
• Yes. the schools in the present day resemble fox's school. The subjects taught to the students fail to
excite them to learn. They are boring and not related to real-life situations. School education doesn't
make them competent to face the problems of life. There is no coordination between what one learns
at school and what he has to learn to lead a happy life later .
• The wise Bat's advice deserves to be extended to present day schools. It is so because students shall
learn those things quickly for which they have a liking and an aptitude, or an inherent curiosity. When the students of Fox's school were given the subjects of their liking and in relation to natural instincts they excelled in them. This should be the way to give education to all.