Answer in Brief
Discuss any four features of the 74th Amendment Act.
Some of the features of the 74th Constitutional Amendment Act are:
- The 74th Constitutional Amendment Act has mandated the establishment of municipalities. These municipalities shall be constituted in every state of India.
- There should be a Nagar Panchayat for a transitional area, i.e., from a rural to an urban area.
- Creation of Municipal Council for a smaller urban area and a Municipal Corporation for a larger urban area.
- The members of the Municipalities are directly elected by the people from their territorial constituencies.
- There is the provision of reservation for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and women in the Municipalities.
Concept: 74th Amendments
Is there an error in this question or solution?