Discuss any five government policies for the up liftment of tribals.
Measures for the up liftment of the tribes are as follows :
- Ar. 15 provides equal rights and opportunities to all the citizen of India.
- Ar. 16(4), 320 (4) and 335 reserves seats for the tribal people in employment opportunities. Reservation of seats in the legislatures.
LAMPS: Large-sized Multipurpose Co¬operative Societies were established in the tribal societies to give.
- Productive / unproductive loans.
- Sale of surplus produce and purchase of necessities of tribal life.
- Supply of modem agricultural inputs like seeds, fertilizers, etc.
The 20-point program that focused on the development of the ST’s, assisting tribal families to aid them to cross the poverty line.
Tribal Panchasheela: Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru laid down five principles which stated :
- Nothing should be imposed on the tribal people.
- Tribal rights in forests and land to be respected.
- Over-administration of tribal area not allowed.
- Tribal people to be trained to help them build their own team.
- Money not to be used as a measuring rod to adjudge human development.
Medical and Educational Facilities have been improved in the tribal areas.
Encouragement of crafts and Home Industries: Both the old and new tribal craft, handicraft industries are encouraged.
E.g. : Shilpo Melas (Artisan Fairs).