Discuss about OSI model with its layers.
- Open System Interconnection (OSI) model was found in the year 1934, a general framework that enables network protocols along with software and systems to be developed based on a general set of guidelines.
- It describes the standards for inter-computer communication.
- Physical Layer:
- It is the 1st layer.
- It defines the electrical and physical specifications for devices.
- Data Link Layer:
- It is the 2nd layer.
- It guarantees that the data transmitted are free of errors.
- This layer has simple protocols like “802.3 for Ethernet” and “802.11 for Wi-Fi”.
- Network Layer:
- It is the 3rd layer.
- It is used to determine the path of the data packets.
- At this layer, routing of data packets is found using IP Addressing.
- Transport Layer:
- It is the 4th layer.
- It guarantees the transportation/sending of data is successful.
- It includes the error-checking operation.
- Session Layer:
- It is the 5th layer
- It is used to identify the established system session between different network entities.
- It controls dialogues between computers.
- For instance, while accessing a system remotely, the session is created between your computer and the remote system.
- Presentation Layer:
- It is the 6th layer.
- It does the translation of data to the next layer (Prepare the data to the Application Layer). Encryption and decryption protocols occur in this layer such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- Application Layer:
- It is the 7th layer.
- It acts as the user interface platform comprising software within the system.
Concept: Reference Model
Is there an error in this question or solution?